Views from the Real World
Early Talks of Gurdjieff
Early talks in Moscow, Essentuki, Tiflis, Berlin, London, Paris, New York, and Chicago as recollected by his pupils.
Copyright 1973 by Triangle Editions, Inc.
Published in the United States in 1973 by E. P. Dutton & Co. Inc., New York. Library of Congress Catalog Card Number 73-10482,
Published simultaneously in Canada by Clarke, Irwin & Company Limited, Toronto and Vancouver.
Published in 2012 by Paul H Crompton Ltd, ISBN-10: 1874250022, ISBN-13: 978-1874250029, 284p.
Table of Contents
- Foreword by Jeanne de Salzmann
- Glimpses of Truth
- When speaking on different subjects
- For an exact study, an exact language is needed
- Man is a plural being
- One-sided development
- What is the method of the Institute?
- Self-observation is very difficult
- How can we gain attention?
- Everyone is in great need of one particular exercise
- Every animal works according to its constitution
- For one section of the people here, their stay has become completely useless
- Is there a way of prolonging life?
- The education of children
- Formatory apparatus
- Body, essence and personality
- Essence and personality
- Separation of oneself from oneself
- The stop exercise
- The three powers-economy
- Experiments with breathing
- First talk in Berlin
- All exercises
can be divided into seven categories
- As it is with everything, so it is with movements
- The actor
- Creative art-associations
- Questions and answers on art, etc.
- God the Word
- Everywhere and always there is affirmation and negation
- It is impossible to be impartial
- Everything in the world is material
- Answer to a question about the difference between animate and inanimate
- Working on oneself is not so difficult as wishing to work
- To all my questions
- Now I am sitting here
- The two rivers
- There are two kinds of love
- Has free will a place in your teaching?
- Man is subject to many influences
- Liberation leads to liberation
- The aphorisms
Gurdjieff discusses the obstacles and deceptions faced by anyone in search of inner truth and spiritual guidance. First published in Views from the Real World: Early Talks of Gurdjieff, pp. 5051, 5658
This webpage © 1998 Gurdjieff Electronic Publishing|
Revision: October 23, 2013